Monday, March 25, 2013

Brews for Betty... A Trip to The Coffee & Tea Festival NYC


Some people see how much coffee I drink at work and they tell me that I'm addicted to coffee. Some people see my tea collection at home and tell me that I'm addicted to tea. I like to tell these people that it isn't an addiction, it's a dedication.

So, in pursuit of my dedication... I attended the Coffee and Tea Festival NYC for the first time. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. I got to try lots of samples. I think there were more tea options than coffee, which isn't what I was expecting, but I enjoyed it all the same. I do wish they had more food options at the event, but it is NYC, there were plenty of places I could have stopped at afterwards if I hadn't been in a rush to get home. I do recommend getting to such an event early. Aim to wait on line a bit for doors open. Getting in early gets you a goodie bag of samples and gets you out before it gets over crowded.

My Favorites...

Harney & Sons - I've been to their NYC location before. They make great teas. I recommend the Chocolate Mint Black Tea, Yellow & Blue Herbal Tea and Herbal Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea.
Roast Coffee and Tea Trading Company - I bought a bag of the Coffee Cherry Tea. It's made from dried cherry and the husk from the fruit of the coffee tree.
Tea-rrific Ice Cream
Eco Teas Organic & Fair Trade - I bought a full pound of Yerba Mate Loose Leaf for $10 and a Cane Bombilla, which is basically a bamboo straw that allows you to drink loose leaf brewed tea without an infuser.
Trappers Honey - They had quality honey at great prices.
Capital Teas - They sell "Beer Enhancers," which I didn't buy... yet, but tasted and enjoyed.


Photo Credit: Betty Kane
Capital Teas gave samples of tea mixed with beer.
Which I will be trying at home!
Photo Credit: Betty Kane
It was getting crowded by noon-ish.
Photo Credit: Betty Kane
Roast Coffee & Tea Trading Company based on Long Island,
showed how brewing
the same beans
in different ways alters the flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment