Monday, April 29, 2013

Cross Country Road Trip Day 4

We spent all day in Denver!

Highlights:
1. I spent all morning visiting with my great aunt & cousins! A couple hours of family stories & reminiscing is always a good thing.
2. Wandering around 16th Street Mall in Downtown Denver for shopping & drinks.
3. Dinner at The Buckhorn Exchange. I saw the place on a Travel Channel show & it met the hype. The Rocky Mountain Oysters are a fun bucket list food item. The elk steak & quail was an amazing quality steakhouse meal.
4. Knowing that there had been snow covering the city last week & we were walking around in skirts & t-shirts was a thankful feeling.
5. Seeing the mountains as a backdrop to everything was awesome.

Reality check:
I enjoyed the whole day. I just wish I had a bit more time to explore.

Playlist:
1. Live A Little by Kenny Chesney
2. American Pie by Don McLean
3. Up On the Mountain by Jakob Dylan
4. Good Life by OneRepublic
5. American Honey by Lady Antebellum











No comments:

Post a Comment